Firefox 1.0 – released Tues. Sept 14 – download a way better browser than IE
There’s a lot of geek-speak out there about browsers. To put it simply, you should switch from IE to Firefox because it is safer for your computer and your data, and because it’s just plain well bloody good for you.
Don’t like security holes? Hate popups and annoying blinking crap that you wish you could kill off a webpage? Ever think, "If IE were a car, it would be a shitbox Pinto!" Then checking out Firefox is for you.
Firefox is fast, free and secure.
To continue the car analogy, it is a fully customizable speedster… built like a tank. It could be a ’66 Mustang. It could be the Dodge from The Fast and the Furious. It could be a Ferrari. You can make it what you want, from straight out of the box, to whatever free features you’d like to add. There are versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.
I made the switch in July. Trust me, it’s like trading off your high school shitbox for a new Mini Cooper that runs like a Porsche.
Later in the week I’ll talk more about Firefox, how I’ve customized it, its ups and downs, and what’s how Firefox and IE are different.
More on Firefox…
- Firefox – Rediscover the web
- mozillaZine (Firefox and it’s pre-released email program, Thunderbird)
- Firefox Help
- Why switch to Mozilla Firefox?
- Are the Browser Wars Back? How Mozilla’s Firefox trumps Internet Explorer (MSN Slate)
- Browse Happy – Firefox
- The Office Weblog – Firefox 1.0 Preview Release
- The Fight Has Just Begun – PC Magazine