Here are a few things you’ll find in my home office author cave:
- Much-marked world map
- Buttons with sayings I like, such as “I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person” and “I’m a HEROINE ADDICT: Lover of Strong, Kick-Ass Women”
- Coffee mug
- Headphones (for listening to Performance Today since I start working while my wife and kids are still asleep)
- Bullet Journal (current notebook: a green, pocked-sized, ruled, hard-cover Moleskine)
- Files for clients and projects
- Art from my 3-year-old son
- Pictures of my wedding day and my 2 kids
- Lots of books on business and the craft of writing, including Stephen King’s On Writing, John Jantsch’s Duct Tape Marketing, and Laura Wattenberg’s Baby Name Wizard (seriously, it’s great for figuring out character names)
- My limited-edition, state-of-the-art standing desk, cleverly disguised as a milk crate. You can probably find something just like it for a thousand dollars at some pretentious modern hipster store.
And now, back to work. Deadlines this week, y’all.