Spanish Family Syle December 29 at 6:30 $30.00 at Eugene’s Iraila Restaurant
From the Iraila newsletter: I haven’t done some of these recipes in a couple of years — but am really happy to be re-visiting them before the end of the year. PLEASE NOTE… Drinks not included (although we will be offering Sangria!)
- We’ll start with Sopa de Ajos a garlic/paprika soup with crusty croutons
- Next a Tortilla Espanola a layered potato dish with beaten egg, mild chilies, red onion and a layer of garroxta cheese
- A little Lemon Granitas (fluffy flavored ice) as a lil’ palate cleanser and then we’ll dig into…
- Paella – we’ll of course have the classic saffron rice with hunks of chicken and Cattail Creek Lamb sausages and a seafood medley of fish, clams, shrimp and calamari, bell peppers onions and a ton of lemon wedges.
- We’ll also have a vegetarian version with the saffron rice and zucchini, turnips, rutabaga and grilled portobellos. – I will have just some seafood medley for those vegetarians who do seafood – let us know when you rsvp!
- We’ll finish off withe Kenne’s Suspiro de Bilbao – ‘Sighs of Bilbao’ – an airy almond meringue served on a crunchy almond sugar cookie – all topped with a gooey apricot sauce.
RSVP today — iraila.com or call (541) 684-8400.