Hopheads meet Pumpkinheads tonight, Sept. 21 at 16 Tons Cafe
Elysian & Ninkasi Hopsquash Pumpkin IPA Release Party
The 16 Tons Cafe at Woodfield Station, South Eugene, is the place to be tonight if you want to be the first to try an unusual beer.
This is the time of year when hops and pumpkins alike are ready to pick and are at their freshest to enjoy. So why not combine these 2 glorious flavors into one seductive, thirst-quenching ale? In celebration of the harvest season, Eugene’s Ninkasi Brewing Company has collaborated with Seattle’s renowned Elysian Brewing to brew a unique pumpkin beer: Hopsquash Pumpkin IPA.
Ninkasi and Elysian will each have 6 beers on tap at the event, from 6-10pm on Friday, Sept. 21 at the 16 Tons Cafe. Special Ninkasi beers include:
- Lady of Avalon Munich Style Dark Lager
- Sasquatch Legacy Wheat Wine
Elysian, well known for their annual Great Pumpkin Beer Festival (held every October), features 5 different pumpkin-flavored ales:
- Hopsquash Pumpkin IPA (Ninkasi Collaboration)
- Night Owl with nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, ginger and allspice
- The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Dark o the Moon Pumpkin Stout
- Blight Pumpkin Ale with dark brown sugar and fiery Vietnamese cinnamon
Free entry, all ages welcome. You can also take in live music: The Cafe’s large patio will host local Eugene band My Father’s Ghost.
For more info visit www.SixteenTons.biz, or call Mike Coplin at (541) 953-2530.