Infographic: The Best Irish Craft Beers of 2015
Too often when we think of Irish beer, we get no further than Guinness. Now, I’m all for a pint of plain, and the dry Irish stouts of Guinness, Murphy’s, and Beamish are among my favorite beers. (They also had nothing whatsoever to do—*wink*—with how I came up with the Rucksack Universe’s Galway Pradesh Stout.)
However, just as in the US, craft beer is on the rise in Ireland. In 2001 there was a handful of craft breweries in Ireland. Today, there are nearly 80. So when it comes to the latest liquid gold from the Emerald Isle, you can indeed look beyond the big breweries for the Irish craft beers you should be drinking in 2015.
In fact, the wonderful folks at HomeBrewWest, Ireland’s largest homebrew supplier, were kind enough to put together a wee beer guide just for you.
The Top Irish Craft Beers You Should Be Drinking In 2015
Here’s a copy-and-paste friendly list, with links so you can learn more about these interesting Irish craft breweries:
- O’Hara’s Leann Follåin, Carlow Brewing Company
- Rascal’s Ginger Porter, Rascal’s Brewing Company
- Of Foam and Fury Double IPA, Galway Bay Brewery
- Black Boar Imperial Oatmeal Stout, The White Hag
- Hairy Goat IPA, Mountain Man Brewery
- McGargle’s Knock Knock Ned’s IPA, Rye River Brewing Company
- Bru Ri Irish Craft IPA, Bru Brewery
- Black IPA, Blacks of Kinsale
- The Full Irish IPA, Eight Degrees Brewing
- Mescan Westporter Stout, Mescan Brewery
- Bristle IPA, Bo Bristle Brewing Company
- Scraggy Bay IPA, Kinnegar Brewing Limited
Over to you
What will you be drinking this St. Patrick’s Day?